LCD 100mg/10mg Tablet
Manufactured By Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Composition Levodopa (100mg), Carbidopa (10mg)
MRP Rs 33.00
Includes all taxes
( 10 tablets in 1 strip )
- Uses / Indications: LCD 100mg/10mg Tablet is used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease.
Interactions / Warnings: LCD 100mg/10mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- LCD 100mg/10mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Side Effects:
- Nausea, Vomiting, Dryness in mouth, Constipation, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Headache, Abnormal dreams, Anxiety, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Abnormality of voluntary movements, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing).
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. LCD 100mg/10mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.Avoid LCD 100mg/10mg Tablet with high protein meals such as cottage cheese, Swiss cheese, protein powder, eggs and milk.
- How it works:
- LCD 100mg/10mg Tablet is a combination of two medicines: Levodopa and Carbidopa which treat Parkinsonism. Levodopa is a dopamine precursor which gets converted to dopamine, a chemical messenger that controls movement in the brain. Carbidopa is a peripheral decarboxylase inhibitor which prevents breakdown of levodopa allowing it to enter the brain and increase dopamine levels.